Tuscarawas County Anti-Drug Coalition Meeting
- Zoom Meeting
- Friday, January 7, 2022
- Josh Aul, NexLevel
- Robert Bray, WBTC Radio
- Dick Gooding, Retired, Citizen Member-Business Sector
- Bill Harding—Citizen Member
- Bill Houglan—Citizen Member
- Gail Houglan—Citizen Member
- Chris Lane, Wendy’s Owner-Business Sector
- Rebecca LeMasters, Ohio Regional Outreach
- Peggy Leslie, Harcatus-Civic Sector
- Connie Limbacher, ADC Secretary
- Kristen Macauley, Springvale- AOD Sector
- Michaela Madison, Newseymom- Media Sector
- Mary Marshall, Citizen Member
- Jeff Neidig, Mediwise Pharmacy
- Miles Riley, Springvale
- Jodi Salvo, OhioGuidestone Director of SUD Prevention
- Faith Sefert-Ripley, OhioGuidestone
- Diana Smith, Springvale & 922 Initiative Coordinator
- Veronica Spidell, ADAMHS Board
- Kane Tarrance, Community Outreach Manager, BrightView Health
- Robin Waltz, Tusc Co United Way Director
- Rachel Wentworth, OhioGuidestone Access Navigator/HopeLine Tusc & Carroll Counties
- Terry Wilcox—Community Hospice Chaplain
Jodi Salvo called the Zoom meeting to order at 10:03 AM on Friday, January 7, 2022, with 19 members & 3 visitors present. Bill Harding made a motion to accept the November 2021 minutes with the amendment of correcting Richard Bray to Robert and Erica Dorsey to Nicole. Chris Lane seconded and all voted yes.
The new ADC name and logo was presented and discussed. Chris made a motion to adopt the new ADC name as Empower Tusc & accept the new logo with an addition to adding an additional logo to the logo board that has a white background, that can be used in instances such as placing logo on newsprint for better visibility. Josh Aul said that he will craft additional logo. Michaela Madison seconded and all members voted yes.
Wednesday, January 12th the Steering Committee will meet and among other things, discuss the any changes that might need made to Coalition Mission and Vision statements to align with new logo and organizational changes.
It was discussed how much we need to push the new name & logo in all our media outlets.
Jodi announced that we has received a funding to reduce stigma around mental health and addiction that can engage faith community and community providers. She has spoken with Mike Ernest about renting out the Quaker and purchasing two movies that can be used to invite churches and community for movie nights that will also provide information and resources and engage community in conversation around these issues. Members were asked to consider movies that might be appropriate to start community conversations for this effort, one movie around addiction and another around mental health/suicide. Members were encouraged to send any recommendations to be considered to Jodi. She is also drafting a letter for those that attended the Pastor’s Briefing and churches in the county to use as a template to draft letters and emails to elected officials. She asked that once letter is drafted that they be sent out to Coalition members as well and encouraged members to modify letters as needed and to send letter to elected officials.
Chris made a motion to adjourn and Dick Gooding seconded. All voted yes at 10:32 AM.
Next Board Meeting will be held on Friday, February 4th from 10:00-11:30 as a Zoom meeting only.