ASK by the Ohio Investigative Unit
The Alcohol Server Knowledge (ASK) program educates people involved in the sale and handling of alcohol on the rules and regulations that govern liquor permits, with emphasis on not over serving patrons and keeping alcohol out of the hands of underage persons.
Online Course Option
ASK may be completed online. Upon passing the free training, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Only begin the course when you have enough time to complete it one sitting. Otherwise, you will not receive your certificate.
- Do not close your browser until you have reached the Certificate of Completion page.
- Your certificate must be printed or saved as a PDF immediately upon receipt. Do not attempt to save or bookmark the webpage with your certificate, as it will not retain your information. We recommend printing your certificate immediately.
- A computer already connected to a working printer, either desktop or laptop, is recommended for completing this online course.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date browser downloaded to your device. Most up-to-date browsers can be used to view the course.Â This includes the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome. We do not recommend Internet Explorer.
- For mobile viewing, use Safari in Apple iOS 12 or later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Apple iOS 12 or later, Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 6 or later.
- Close all other Internet tabs and delete browsing history/cookies before beginning the course.
- If using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility Mode.
- Turn off pop-up blockers.
- Newer operating systems will help improve the performance of your online material.